List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] Status
From:       Anne-Marie MAHFOUF <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2002-04-02 10:50:24

Hi,

We need to decide pretty quickly now what we'll do with cvs.

- in HEAD will go all the apps that are nearly ready and that will be
released with KDE3.1 We need for <important>each of the HEAD app a short
"planned features" text</important>
and don't forget the doc which should be put in
kdeedu/docs/app_name/index.docbook

- the KDE_3_0_BRANCH branch is for KDE3.0.1 releases (focus on (critical)
bugfixes in this branch. The kdeedu module in this branch contains only the
apps released with KDE3.0. If possible, get your patch tested/reviewed before
committing. Please remember that any source (or even binary) incompatible API
change is discouraged.)

- our own branch will be closed and edu apps will go either in kdeedu HEAD or
in kdenonbeta.

HEAD as it is at the moment

KEduca  Klas Kalass <klas.kalass@gmx.de>
KGeo            Marc Bartsch <marc.bartsch@web.de>
(how to integrate the new KGeo?)
KHangman (was not in the release) Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma@kde.org>
will go to (stay in) HEAD
Kiten           Jason Katz-Brown <jason@katzbrown.com>
KLatin  (was not in the release)        George Wright
<gwright@users.sourceforge.net> will go to (stay in) HEAD
KLettres        Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma@kde.org>
KMessedWords    Primoz Anzur (zer0Kode) <zerokode@yahoo.com>
KStars          Jason Harris <jharris@30doradus.org>
KTouch          Haavard Froeiland <havard@student.unsw.edu.au>
KVocTrain       Ewald Arnold ewald@ewald-arnold.de

The other apps that are still in the POST branch and for which we need to
decide what to do:

Kalzium will move to HEAD
KLanguager ??
KLearnSpelling will move to kdenonbeta (has to be entirely rewritten)
KmPlot ?? I was told it is not maintained anymore?
KPercentage will move to HEAD
KTimes will move to kdenonbeta (has to be rewritten from scratch)
KVerbos will move to HEAD (is that ok?)

Apps to integrate:
- the norvegian verbs I got from Charles Samuel: can go in HEAD
- KConvert from Georges: he says it can go in HEAD
- Kurves from Robert and Matthias (kdenonbeta)
- KFeeder from Arnold (a dcop graphical interface to view the correct results
of a running edu prog) -> could that be a lib and each prog that uses it
would be able to have their own graphics
- Kard: I don't know if Josef is subscribed to this list? Kard status?
- Sebastian Stein, you were working on something?
- Kevin Krammer: animated background?

When we have decided where each app will go, I'll ask Dirk to
do it.

Please tell me if I forgot anything or if you know about new stuff,
and thanks to answer quite quickly!

Anne-Marie