List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] bugfixes to KDE_3_0_BRANCH
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-03-29 22:57:09

Hi,

On Saturday 30 March 2002 00:36, Chris Howells wrote:
> On Friday 29 March 2002 7:49 pm, KStars wrote:
> > Are we supposed to post patches for KDE_3_0_BRANCH to kde-devel
> > before committing them?  I have two minor fixes for kstars...
>
> No, just commit them.

From Dirk's post (and to clear this up for all edu developers):

:If possible, get your patch tested/reviewed before committing. Please
:remember that any source (or even binary) incompatible API change is
:discouraged.

I think it's quite clear that, unless a patch to the BRANCH is trivial,
it needs peer review before being committed.

Obviously, use your discretion and common sense here. Nobody knows the
kstars code as well as the author himself, so if it's a minor fix then
the peer review is probably not essential.

Andy

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy@athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."