List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Fwd: Physics App
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2002-02-08 16:14:43

Hi,

> Hi.
>
> I have made the cvs checkout of kde libs, kdesupport, kdebase, kdeedu,
> kdesdk and kdevelop. It is all working fine. Just a few questions.
>
> In the next week i will upgrade these packages, to keep up to date. The
> question is simple: next time, cvs will take care of updating just the
> packages that i dont have or that have changed? Or, in other words, things
> will be faster ?

Yes, CVS will only download those files which have changed since your last
update.

> Another question: Should i do make clean ? If im going to compila again,
> and again, its not a good idea to make clean, or this doesnt matter?

If you "make clean", it will need to recompile all files.  If you don't it
will only compile those files which have changed.  It depends if you value
disk space or CPU time more :)

> About Physics: I think in an interface like qtdesigner: One window to the
> simulation, a window to one graphic, a window to another, a window with a
> properties dialog, all appearing together, like in the attached eps file.
>
> Last question: I worked with C, so i know about numerical computation
> applied to physics. C++ and Qt i know because i have studied the tutorials
> (mainly Qt ones). Can you give me some insight on how to work with kdelibs
> (well, i have seen kdevelop, the kscribble tutorial, etc.). In other words:
> how can i begin coding?

Check out the free online book on KDE programming.  It's perhaps a bit
outdated by now, but it's a good place to start:
http://www.andamooka.org/reader.pl?section=kde20devel

cheers,
Jason
--