List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-edu-devel] kdeedu: a short summary
From:       Ewald Arnold <kvoctrain () ewald-arnold ! de>
Date:       2002-01-21 21:16:20

Hello,

> > unfortunately this does not help, since you did the same than me. Your
> > approach does not work on my desktop since I have the panel on the right
> > side
>
> What do you try to do?

I have a main view with the vocabulary and a dialog to modify the properties.
There are two buttons which dock those two windows horizontally or vertically
to have the dialog with its minimum size and the main window using as much
space as possible.

In the meanwhile I also posted this question to kde-devel and David pointed
me to KWinModule which gives me the correct remaining space:

   KWinModule info;
   QRect rect = info.workArea();

I use the following now, which works but I am not sure if it's really good:

   int diff_x = frameGeometry().width()-width();
   int diff_y = frameGeometry().height()-height();

   resize(rect.width()-diff_x, minimumHeight());
   mainwin->resize(rect.width()-diff_x,
                   rect.height()-frameGeometry().height()-diff_y);
   move(0, mainwin->frameGeometry().height());
   mainwin->move (0, 0);

cheers
Ewald

--