List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-edu-devel] kde-edu status
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2001-12-19 17:19:09

Hello,

> Is there any reason why they don't use plug() any more? Is it depreciated?
> What benefits does insertButton() or insertWidget() offer?

I asked whether plug() has been deprecated in my bug report.  I haven't heard
anywhere that it has, I think most people just prefer XMLGUI.
The only advantage insertButton() offers is that it renders the toolbar
properly :)  I'm hoping this is a simple bug in the plug() code...I'm going
to have a look at it myself this weekend...

> Have a look at say the KMessedWords source code, and how we use setPopup()
> on btnHelp even though btnHelp is defined at through an XMLGUI.

I will have a look, thanks!

Jason

--
KStars: A K Desktop Planetarium