List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-edu-devel] kdDebug() question
From:       Ewald Arnold <ewald () ewald-arnold ! de>
Date:       2001-11-12 18:57:35

Hello Jason,

> current CVS code shouldn't be considered a release, so I still don't know

I only depends on you :-) everything is a "release" unless you say something
else since only the author would want to have debugging info.

> why my kdDebug() messages aren't getting printed.  Do I have to call

These are the last lines from kdebug.h:

--snip

#ifndef NDEBUG
kdbgstream kdDebug(int area = 0);
kdbgstream kdDebug(bool cond, int area = 0);
#else
#define kdDebug kndDebug
inline kndbgstream kndDebug(int = 0) { return kndbgstream(); }
inline kndbgstream kndDebug(bool , int  = 0) { return kndbgstream(); }
#endif
kdbgstream kdWarning(int area = 0);
kdbgstream kdWarning(bool cond, int area = 0);

--snap

I did not search all the sources but my common understanding of C/C++ is the
following:

#define DEBUG   ==> expicitly _includes_ debuging code
#define NDEBUG  ==> expicitly _excludes_ debuging code

So if you _dont_ have defined NDEBUG manually somewhere in a file your
debugging messages _should_ appear.

What happens if you use kdWarning() instead?

If you still have trouble, commit to cvs and tell me file and line so I can
try on my machine.

cheers
Ewald

--