List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [Kde-edu-devel] Autoconf
From:       Scott Wheeler <scott () slackorama ! net>
Date:       2001-11-10 23:31:52

Ok, I have CVS access now for FlashKard, and I hope to move it there soon.
The last thing that I really have to get figured out before the transition is
autoconf.

So my question is this, what do you guys normally use to generate your
configure scripts?

I looked at KAppTemplate, by Kurt Granroth and KDevelop.  KAppTemplate didn't
really work for an application that is already mostly developed and KDevelop
seems a little overwhelming.  It generates about 1000 lines of code just for
its template.

Should I just finally figure out autoconf?  What are some good resources for
this?

Thus far all of my development has been in QTDesigner and XEmacs, and I've
just been using tmake to generate my Makefile.  The last step seems like it
should be a small one, but it has proven more frustrating than it seems like
it should be.

Thanks in advance,

-Scott Wheeler

http://www.slackorama.net/oss/