List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [KDE-EDU]: ideas for applications
From:       August =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=F6randl?= <august.hoerandl () gmx ! at>
Date:       2001-07-16 20:05:11

Eva Brucherseifer wrote:

> When developing apps we have to bear in mind, that many schools are not
> equiped with good computers yet and that the computer room is not always
> accessable. So an app for e.g. "fill the gap" (in german: Lückentext) should
> have several features:
> - to prepare the content
> - offline use: to print work sheets (without color - work sheets need to be
> copied) with 2 versions: one for the pupils, the other one with the answers
> for the teacher
> - online use: so that children and youngsters can use it on the computer
> during a lesson or at home (the correct answers must be locked then).

maybe we should add something like hot potatoes
(http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/halfbaked/)
to the "wanted applications list"
additional features (= which need to be added ;-)
  offline use
  "non computer use" (print)
  correction/feedback page - all questions with right answers
  (more) control on how the points are assigned with multiple right
answers
  a picture (kpart ?) to go with the question
  database (e.g. got 100 questions, select 10 for a test)
  user database
    save results for different users
    which user has which tests done
  "mathematical" questions - one or more fields are choosen by random
     ( e.g.  XX + __ = 100 ,   XX is between 10 and 90 )
  a lot more different tests

more "test software" to be ported/to get ideas from
 http://www.macromedia.com/software/coursebuilder/
 http://www.interactivetest.com/

Gustl

ps: i am a teacher with some c/c++/qt/kde knowledge

--
august.hoerandl@gmx.at          |   This article ends here.
August Hörandl                  |   Continue reading ?