Hello Joseph, On Freitag, 17. Juni 2022 13:25:20 CEST Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss wrote: > Hello, > > my name is Joseph De Veaugh-Geiss. I am Community & Project Manager of > the KDE Eco initiative, which focuses on eco-certification and energy > efficiency in the development of Free Software. > > I saw at the LabPlot website that this list is the right place to ask > questions related to the project. > > I am writing now because I am interested in finding interested > participants to help develop plotting and/or statistics tools for energy > consumption measurements. > > In a few weeks in mid/late July (date tbd) we plan to hold a Sprint to > measure various KDE programs and further develop the tooling for > automating the measurement process. Would anyone here be interested in > joining virtually or in person to work on integrating LabPlot into the > energy consumption tools? > > Of course all other KDE projects and developers are very welcome to get > involved as well :) It would be great to have you join the KDE Eco proje= ct! > > Some background: In May we held a Sprint to set up a community > measurement lab at KDAB Berlin to measure the energy consumption of KDE > and Free Software. You can read about it here: > > https://eco.kde.org/blog/2022-05-30-sprint-lab-setup/ > > One contributor, Volker Krause, has also been hacking power plugs to > work as inexpensive power meters. He has been using LabPlot to visualize > the results. You can read his blog posts here: > > https://volkerkrause.eu/2020/10/17/kde-cheap-power-measurement-tools.= html > > https://volkerkrause.eu/2022/05/28/kde-eco-sprint-may-2022.html > > Volker mentioned he and Alexander Semke had been in touch, and I wanted > to follow up on that today :) > > I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, I got interested in this topic afte= r having read the blog posts you mentioned above and I contacted Volker. It would be really great to perform the analysis and the visualization of = the data collected in these measurements directly in LabPlot. I started lookin= g already into some use-cases in this area and trying to implement the scena= rios in LabPlot. We'll be happy to implement features, if still missing and feasible for us, that would be required for this project. Joining the next sprint sounds like a great idea. Please invite me next ti= me. Regards, Alexander