List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: Aw: Re: LabPlot - Cannot print or export
From:       Stefan Gerlach <stefan.gerlach () uni-konstanz ! de>
Date:       2021-01-06 10:38:15

Hi Bill,

i maintain the Flatpak package, so i can hopefully give some answers.
Flatpak is installing a package inside a sandbox. You don't need a VM to test it. It \
only needs a few system libraries. The advantage is that  you can run the same \
package on many different systems. The disadvantage is that it brings all libraries \
it needs (Qt, KDE, etc. in our case),  but several apps can use this so called \
runtime environment. I can check on Fedora if there are problems due to LabPlot \
running in the Flatpak sandbox. The Z-order or theme problems may also be related to  \
Flatpak settings or missing configuration files. We can check this.

best
Stefan