Hello, I completely agree with what has been said here. There has not been much work on KWQ recently for two reasons; it is in my o= pinion more or less feature complete and stable, and due to other interests= and obligations I have had very little time to devote to it. I am open to any suggestions or decisions regarding the future of these pro= grams the larger edu team find appropriate. Thanks, Peter On Oct 27, 2013, at 1:15 PM, Frederik Gladhorn wrote: > On Saturday 26. October 2013 18.15.53 Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote: > > Hi, today at the Edu sprint we came up with the question about > > what the long-term plan for vocabulary training applications in KDE > > Edu should be. As far as we know, currently we have KWordQuiz > > and Parley, which solve very similar needs (at least from our high > > level view). So it would be great, if you could help us understand > > better why we have two different applications (which allows better > > advertisement of their specific qualities) or whether it could be a > > goal to switch to only one application in the future... > > = > > From the people currently here in La Coru=F1a, unfortunatley > > nobody can remember the specific arguments what lead to having > > two applications. So it would be great if you could help us > > remember :) > = > Hi, I hope you're having a great sprint! > = > From my point of view there was simply the argument that Parley's UI is t= argeted at more advanced self learners and KWQ aims to be nice and simple. > = > I agree that the question is valid and that it is not very sensible resou= rce wise, as I consider at least Parley unmaintained and I guess KWQ is not= faring much better. For Parley the aim was to get a nice welcome screen (i= t's partially there) so that you don't see the editor first but can start p= racticing right away. But there are still many low hanging fruits (polish t= he UI, conjugations, ...). > = > (I will not manage to spend time on Parley any time soon because I have t= oo many other things going on, when I have time left over I try to work on = making accessibility in KDE work sensibly, so I'll not get active with Parl= ey again) > = > Greetings, > Frederik > = > = > > = > > Greetings, > > Andreas > = _______________________________________________ kde-edu mailing list kde-edu@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu