List:       kde-edu
Subject:    [kde-edu]:  Want to participate in Season of KDE
From:       Phanindra Ramesh Challa <cpr.17a () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-28 8:51:29

Hi,
    I am Phanindra Ramesh Challa, an engineering student from India. I
am new to KDE and I want to participate in Season of KDE this year. I
have knowledge about the programming languages C,C++,Java and good at
shell scripting. I am interested in developing games for children, I
have applied for this year GSoC
and my proposal is on GCompris, which is an educational game suite for
children, here is my proposal
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/phanindraramesh/1

In Season of KDE, I felt that kde-edu is the project that suits me
interest but I could not figure out a project for me to work on.
Before
applying for GSoC, I thought of coding for the game Nine men's morris,
even my mentor accepted it but when we came to know that the game
already has it's implementation in GNOME, my mentor asked me to change
to another project. He even added this idea in the wiki page of
GCompris at http://gcompris.net/wiki/Ideas_for_activities#Nine_Men.27s_Morris

I am willing to work on a game or set of games which would be similar
to this game and have the joy of coding in the summer. So, can I ask
you to suggest me ?

Thank you,

Phanindra Ramesh