List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: proposal - move to git as soon as 4.4 is out.
From:       Matt Williams <lists () milliams ! com>
Date:       2010-01-06 16:46:22

2010/1/6 Tomaz Canabrava <tumaix@gmail.com>:
> I'm planning to move rocs to gitorious when 4.4 is out, this will
> simplify a few things for me. I wonder if the whole kde-edu can be
> moved there without much hassle, we already have some big apps on
> gitorious like amarok, gluon and of course, qt itself.
>
> I didn't see much talk about gitting kde on the -devel list, so I
> think it's a module decision at this time.

There is much discussion of this going on at kde-scm-interest@kde.org
and #kde-git at the moment. There are still some problems to resolve
before any applications move to Gitorious. Amarok and Konversation are
simply there as test subjects. The biggest issue for us is whether all
the applications in kde-edu reside in one Git repository or whether
they are each in their own and are aggregated somewhere externally.

I'd suggest you join the discussions and meetings and offer your help
wherever you can.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com