List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: KVTML files for Mandarin Chinese
From:       Ilja <iljuss () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-12 20:09:27

Maybe a bit off topic, but what I think about data files:

Data files page [0] seems quite outdated and unmaintained.

Using Parley lesson support (and kvtml2) it would be possible to merge
some files from there (esp. anatomy) into larger ones, making files more
useful. (10 entries per file is too little, I think)

(Additionally it should be quite possible to keep most of files compatible
with KVocTrain.)

Since Parley is the only application, that is aimed for serious
language learning, I think that these data files (plus Language and Test
Preparation from [0]) could be provided on Parleys, not on project-wide webpage:

(Kanagram and KHangMan are more aimed for fun (or children), so for its
users test preparation stuff is most likely unimportant.

KWordQuiz isn't under active development anymore, and supports only 2
columns, so it isn't always suitable.)

(these chinese files have 3 "columns", so Parley/KVocTrain is the only
application they can be functionally used with, anyway)

What do others think about it?

[0] http://edu.kde.org/contrib/kvtml.php