List:       kde-edu
Subject:    [kde-edu]: Polishing Day feedback - Important to read
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-09-16 7:38:12

Hi all,

1) Polishing Day feedback
2) Next Polishing Day
3) Writing Doc

----------------------------

1) Yesterday we had the first Polishing Day on IRC to test some of our
programs and despite having interested few people the ones who were there
have been awesome. The objective to testKHangMan, blinKen and KGeography was
achieved and Marble also went to scrutiny!
http://wiki.30doradus.org/index.php/Main_Page
As a result several fixes were committed to svn and more are to come.

2) It would be a good thing to carry on with these Days and to set a next one
for some other programs. The 29th September would be convenient for me as
I'll have a "KDE workshop" with my LUG and I could get some people to help
testing.
I especially like to test KNS2 and I'll set up a special page on the wiki for
it. This is the sort of dialog that should at least work as it worked on KDE
3 but at the moment it does not.
It seems that sound is now working properly in all our apps but I encourage
people testing it (especially people without libxine).

The wiki (from KStars, see above link) works beautifully and I encourage all
of you to use it and report things you found a bit puzzling or bugs. Having
software that works is the best we can do for our users. (Remember, Windows
users will also be able to access our software which makes the target wider
than before!)

3) As for the freeze state, I think we'll enter string and doc freeze at the
Release Candidate Cycle start on October 24th but I am not really sure about
that. In any case, I'd like to remind you to update the doc for your
application. If you feel you don't have time to do so, please take a few
minutes to answer this mail and state what part of the doc should be updated.
The doc team is ready to help!

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Anne-Marie