List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: kde-edu Digest, Vol 51, Issue 11
From:       "Andreas Nicolai" <Andreas.Nicolai () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-06-19 16:29:57

Hi Gopala,

the coloring used in KTouch indicates the way fingers are supposed to be placed, \
according to the various ways of teaching. Note, the this differs in different \
countries! In Germany, the keys on the top row are shifted by one to the right so \
that the little finger of the left hand also pressed the 2 key. In the United States \
and the Asien countries, the little finger only presses the 1 key and the key to the \
left of it, but the 2 key is already pressed by the ring finger.

Now, regarding your question: While the finger layout it recommended and supposed to \
give you an optimal typing rate, most people deviate a little from this based on \
personal preference. Especially for the programming part, I prefer to use the middle \
finger and the ring finger of my right hand to press the [] and {}, since most of the \
time you have to press them one after another. So, my advise would be: don't take the \
coloring and fingerplacement as a strict rule, but try to follow it through the \
lectures so that you can start typing will all fingers. Then with time you will \
develop a preferred way to type, mainly for the special characters.

Hint: To practice programming keys, simply use the "Open plain text file..." feature \
and load in a header or cpp file for typing training.

Bye,
Andreas

--
Andreas Nicolai                         anicolai@syr.edu
PhD Candidate, M.A.M.E                  (315) 443-2218