List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu]: KNewStuff for KTouch?
From:       "Andreas Nicolai" <Andreas.Nicolai () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-05-23 14:52:47

Hi there,

I get a considerable number of user mails with own keyboard layouts and lectures \
which takes always some effort to review and include into the program.

For the next release I would rather like to allow users to submit their own keyboards \
and lectures to some online repository where all other users of KTouch can directly \
profit from. Also, I get several duplicates of keyboard layouts that are already in \
the repository, but not yet shipped with each distro.

Essentially I would want to "ship" KTouch per default with some reviewed and QA \
approved keyboard layouts and lectures and have the other user supplied layouts and \
lectures show up right away in the menu as optional components (for users with \
internet connection, of course).

Would KNewStuff be useful for this kind of thing and how much effort would it make to \
program such a feature? If someone is familiar with the KNewStuff API and could give \
me a hand, I'd really appreciate it.

Bye,
Andreas

--
Andreas Nicolai                         anicolai@syr.edu
PhD Candidate, M.A.M.E                  (315) 443-2218