Hi Ralf, 1) Speaking of the kdeedu module (the code) A few things: KDE-Edu is a KDE module and part of "official" KDE (the kdeedu module is shipped in a KDE release). As such, it should follow a few criteria which are: - build on KDE (not only QT) latest technology. Why so? To fully integrate in the KDE desktop. - programs should be actively maintained and developers should follow KDE release scheme - be as international as possible (it should be possible to use it in every country in the world) -> allow use of translated data So, to answer more precisely your question: Java, Python, Ruby applications should be ported to use kde-bindings. GTK+ apps don't belong to kdeedu. There's also the matter of size of the module which is already too big. This already poses problems to edu distros. For example in my view I'd prefer having edu games in a separate package. This has to be dicussed later. 2) You mention a few names of applications. For example JFractionLab. We have KBruch. If some features exist in JFractionLab that are missing in KBruch then maybe we can merge the 2 programs. GeoGebra seems very interesting and more interactive then Kig or KmPlot. If we have a KEduca-replacement that can be used by other programs to generate workshhets like that one: http://www.geogebra.org/en/examples/circle_equation/circle_equation.html we'll have the same functionalities. AbulEdu is French only. As far as I know it is developed by teachers and can answer French teachers needs. As such, it should be distributed by AbulEdu and not KDE-Edu. 3) Speaking of the website We could have a section listing other interesting edu apps. However this is difficult to maintain and I cannot volunteer to do so. A common wiki maybe would be nice. 4) My turn for a question ;-) Speaking of Debian-edu I was curious to see what was in Skolelinux currently (for my presentation in Paris at the Linux show on Tuesday) and I could not find real information on whether debian-edu packages KDE-Edu apps and what version is currently shipped, where it is used. Regards, Anne-Marie _______________________________________________ kde-edu mailing list kde-edu@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu