List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu]: Link error in kgeography under OSX
From:       Jason Harris <jharris () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2006-09-19 16:16:18

Hello,

I'm trying to build kdeedu-4 on my OSX machine using Benjamin's new
packages for Qt and kdelibs.  I get the following linker error in
kgeography:

Linking CXX executable script.app/Contents/MacOS/script
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
QDomDocument::setContent(QIODevice*, QString*, int*, int*)
QDomDocument::QDomDocument()
QDomDocument::~QDomDocument()
QDomNodeList::~QDomNodeList()
QDomNode::QDomNode()
QDomNode::~QDomNode()
QDomNode::operator=(QDomNode const&)
QDomNodeList::item(int) const
QDomNodeList::length() const
QDomNode::childNodes() const
QDomNode::firstChild() const
QDomNode::isNull() const
QDomNode::nodeName() const
QDomNode::namedItem(QString const&) const
QDomNode::nodeValue() const
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [kgeography/src/script.app/Contents/MacOS/script] Error 1

I tried adding "${KDE4_KXMLCORE_LIBS}" to the target_link_libraries()
list in kgeography/src/CMakeLists.txt, but this was little more than a
guess.  The above errors imply that the QtXml library isn't being
linked, so I hoped adding the above variable would do it.  But I get the
same error.

This works fine on Linux, so I'm not sure what the problem might be.

BTW, so far the following programs have built on OSX with no problems:
libkdeedu
kalzium
kanagram
kbruch
kstars
khangman
kig

I will try the remaining programs and report back on their status as well.

regards,
Jason