Hi everybody, (sorry about my english, it is not my first language) I am just new in the list. Thank you all for all the ideas/projects envis= aged=20 from here! I hope I can be able to contribute. By the way I think I can h= elp=20 Julian ;-) I suggest you to: 1. Check your kde (better 3.x) is correctly install in your system (check= if=20 you have kdevelop properly working as well). 2. If you understand the basis of c/c++ you can just begin by reviewing Q= t=20 programming (otherwise you should first review this items). Check the boo= k=20 tab from the tree-tool-views of your kdevelop, there you will find almost= =20 everything you need: from hello world app. tutorials to final pretty apps= =20 howto's. 3. Try to build a little app. according to your particular interests. Che= ck=20 the Qt modules (XML, SQL, OpenGL, etc.) 4. As KDE is based on Qt repeat 2. and 3. but this time trying the KDE AP= I 5. If you like, check the on-line tutorials as well, at:=20 http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/index.html 6. For further questions, come to the proper list or here again Apropos, I do not know if this has been discussed here before (this is ve= ry=20 likely to be), but how about a edu-app to help learning Qt/KDE? About suc= h an=20 application I feel a good approach would be from top level (objects/UML=20 diagrams) to bottom (c code and functions). I know it is not the way it i= s=20 usually taught at school/universities, but this is not the only reason wh= y to=20 try things in the opposite way, for me it seems just more natural, accord= ing=20 to a particular interest: to first experienced, for example, what is a=20 QWidget, then what a KDialogBase, then a QButton, then how its signals ar= e=20 activated, what the X11 have to do here, etc. Please notice that accordin= g to=20 this "particular interest" sometimes I will nothing to do with the low-le= vel=20 stuff, while sometimes I will (thanks God there exists free software). He= nce,=20 these "particularities" are what we need to take into account when buildi= ng=20 such an app. Maybe you can say, yes, but what happens if the interest of=20 someone is just to learn c or c++. We can reply him, why is this interest= in=20 learning c++ all about? My bet is that it is more likely to be with doing= =20 software. The whole situation can be stated as follows: what have to be t= he=20 position of the "teacher" in front of the "student" interests? We, when=20 pretending to be teachers, can be tempted to justify ourselfs, for exampl= e in=20 an introductory programming course curricula, while at the same time, whe= n=20 pretending to be students, by hiding from our own interests. Hence, when=20 trying to say something about this relative position I feel we should jus= t=20 check our own interests first. Fortunetely this is not a very hard task t= o be=20 done when software is the main matter. Precisely for these reason, our=20 edu-application for learning KDE could (and should) be functional as well= , in=20 the sense that doing UML diagrams should lead us, in the case of c++ (and= the=20 like) to software design (at least skeleton classes), and flow diagrams, = in=20 the case of c. Once I have found a UML diagram editor (I was not able to = find=20 the project this time), I also have seen a Java applet for converting flo= w=20 diagrams to c code. This kind of apps could be a good starting point, but= of=20 course we would need further discussion first (or I just need to know if = this=20 project is already scheduled :-) Best regards, Jean Pierre Charalambos It is nice to realise (just now) my own contradiction between what I have= =20 suggest Julian to do and what I exposed you next. Maybe it was just becau= se I=20 do not know yet a edu-app for learning kde ;-) On Friday 16 August 2002 00:08, julian rousselot wrote: > Dear Kde-Edu: > My name is Julian I'm a computer programming, I live in Miami and I am > looking for the school to learn Kdeveloper, can you tell me where can I > learn that? > Thank you very much! > Julian > > > _________________________________________________________________ > MSN Fotos: la forma m=E1s f=E1cil de compartir e imprimir fotos. > http://photos.msn.es/support/worldwide.aspx > > _______________________________________________ > kde-edu mailing list > kde-edu@mail.kde.org > http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu _______________________________________________ kde-edu mailing list kde-edu@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu