List:       kde-edu
Subject:    [kde-edu]: KDE-Edu StyleGuide - Structure
From:       Michael Hofer <michaelhofer () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-08-14 21:20:33

Hello!

I've collected a few points for an Edu-Styleguide and wrote down thoughts
about a possible structure:

1) Introduction
	- Why a Styleguide for Edu-Apps?
	- Terminology

2) Basics
	- What is Edutainment?
	- Target Groups (children, schools, adults)
	- Special Requirements on Edu-Apps
		- Didactics
		- Visuals
		- Sound
		- Gameplay

3) User Interface
	- General (different modes, mode-switching,...)
	- Children-Apps
		- System (kicker, taskbar, special-accounts, fullscreen,....)
		- Windows (sizes, resolutions, menubars, toolbars, dialogs, splash,....)
		- Colours (default-kdedu-scheme?, general recommendations)
		- Fonts (sizes, styles,...)
		- Images and Animations
		- Menus (simplified, special menu-structure-standard,....)
		- Buttons (special widgets,...)
		- Input (keyboard/mouse usage, simplifications?, special mouse-pointers...)
		- Feedback (visual, acoustic,....)
	- Adult-Apps
		- similar, but probably fewer points, than in Children-Apps

4) The kdeedu-Library
		- Introduction
		- UI-Elements (widgets,...)
		- Reward-System (kfeeder,...)
		- Scoring-System

Of course we have to talk / find an agreement about all the
details/answers..... But what do you think about the structure in general?

servus,
Michael