List:       kde-edu
Subject:    [kde-edu]: Re: ktimes
From:       "Mahfouf Anne-Marie" <annemahfouf () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-08-07 19:03:00

Hi again,

Found your ktt link in kde-edu mailing list, compiled and ran it.
Basically, it's the same idea except my design was more child-oriented (I
tend to prefer
bigger fonts). I also left the user the choice of different levels,
something you could add.
Level 1 would concern the tables a child learn first (a teacher could help
here)

Your code is surely cleaner than mine was so I think your ktt is better to
improve than KTimes.
At the bottom of the page
http://edu.kde.org/developer/kde3_2features.phtml
you can see the ideas that a teacher had regarding KTimes improvement.

The following ideas were quite important:

- add Learn functionality with several levels: use graphical animations to
help the child understand what a multiplication is regarded to an addition)
(like 3*2 : draw 3 packets of 2 apples for ex)
- change the editing of multiplication tables. Each table should be
selectable individually.
(that's for the help in which I displayed the tables by group of 4)

I think the idea of a times trainer is necessary for KDE-Edu because it is
an exercise
every kid has to do. Whether we integrate your code in a global math app or
whether we improve it on its own is to be decided.

Anne-Marie