List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: unified kde-edu style?
From:       Sebastian Stein <s5228 () informatik ! htw-dresden ! de>
Date:       2002-08-06 10:57:54

Michael Hofer <michaelhofer@gmx.net> [020806 11:47]:
> I've heard that there was a discussion about a universal interface/style for
> kde-edu-apps. Could someone please point me to that (thread-name, date)?
>
> On http://edu.kde.org/developer/kde3_2features.phtml a KDEdu style guide is
> mentioned. What is the status of this task? Is someone responsible for it?

I think there will be a new global font size for kids. It is hugh like the
font size in KLetters I think.

Than we thought about a KControl module for all Edu apps, so that they can
be set up from a central place.

I like to point you to one thread (http://lists.kde.org/):

kde-edu-devel:

Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 01:15:05 +0100 (BST)
Subject: [kde-edu-devel] And so it begins (libkdeedu)
From: Scott Wheeler <wheeler@kde.org>

Here a common edu lib was discussed.

I know there were more threads about the whole problem, but it must be more
than 3 or 4 month ago...

I the end we never come to a solution about the style guide or a common look
and feel. The argument was, if I remember right, that it is to complex to
fit all the different apps into one style, because they are so different and
they target different groups of people.

So it is your time to download the archive of kde-edu and kde-edu-devel,
read all, sum it up and start the discussion again maybe with some proposals
how to do it ;-))))

Steinchen
--
KBruch: application to automatically generate tasks with fractions
Package: KDE Edu in KDE 3.2 (http://edu.kde.org/kbruch/)