List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: Re: new project / ktimes?
From:       Dominique Devriese <fritmebufstek () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-08-04 17:14:28

"Mahfouf Anne-Marie" <annemahfouf@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,
>
> This is an excellent idea, to have a mathematical game against the clock.

<snip>

> I think it would be better to start a new project with your idea. In
> the future, it could still be merged with
> KTimes if we want to.

Erm.. are you sure ?  These two seem to me like rather similar apps,
and having two of these IMHO is not consistent to the user, a waste of
developer time etc.  Also: merging is not as simple as you seem to
think.. I made a similar mistake when i started Kig, and i'd very much
advise against it.

> Different levels, child and adult mode would be great, for a multi
> player feature, it would also be great
> but I never implement that yet.

/me also likes these features.. :)

> What I suggest to get you started:
> - to subscribe to the kde-edu-devel mailing list
> http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu-devel
> - to ask there about any help you want, about the design you have in
> mind, to ask any questions
> you might have,....

- read the Qt documentation in case you've never worked with Qt
before, and read some docs on KDE development if you've never done
that before...

cheers

> I hope this helps you and I would like to welcome you in the
> project.

same here...

cheers
domi

--
"I think I wet my bed."

	--Ralph Wiggum
	  The Brother from Another Series (Episode 4F14)