List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: K Menu Structure
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-22 8:17:32

On Monday 22 July 2002 00:29, Andreas Pour wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:

> An application name doesn't need to be spelled "korrectly" :-).  It's a
> proper name, and as such, there is no correct spelling apart from the
> one chosen by the author.

Yes, after all KDE is a project by individuals and not by a company, so
applications have of course individual names. So in KDE people are free to
use the K (which is definitly our branding) or not, or even use a Q instead
of a K, the names can be in any language or no language at all (what language
is kaboodle by the way?).
And I agree very much with Steinchen who pointed out to make better usage of
the explanation strings. Luckily a user can choose to only have those
translated strings. Even in Germany we have a lot of users who don't
understand English very well and certainly not all these special words that
are used for app names.

As for the menu scheme: It looks great! Good work! We only need to keep an eye
on the Misc section, so that we evolve new sections from it. Already now I'd
rather place FlashKard into the 'Teaching Tools' section. KTouch could also
be the start of a new section called something like 'Computer Usage',
hopefully we can expect more apps that help in learning how the computer
works. But for the beginning a Misc section is of course very helpful since
we can place apps there, we yet cannot catagorize completly.

Greetings,
eva