List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: proposal
From:       Sebastian Stein <s5228 () informatik ! htw-dresden ! de>
Date:       2002-06-17 22:06:33

Matthew Tedder <matthew@tedder.com> [020617 23:57]:
> Yes... It sound like a suggestion that C++ is the only language that should
> be taught.  Perhaps general principles of programming should be the first
> step?

This is what I want. But see below...

> It all begins with a structured base point.

And this is the point where people start to argue. They say it is easier to
begin programming with OOP, because you can break it down to reality. I say
it is to abstract to teach the basic concepts of OOP in the first place.

> The one can discuss building
> upon that with more advanced concepts.  Example order:

I like your structure very well and I think it is the way I would teach
someone programming. But maybe a KDE Edu is only interesting to create new
programming folks to save the future of KDE ;-)

Steinchen
--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,