List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: proposal
From:       Matthew Tedder <matthew () tedder ! com>
Date:       2002-06-10 18:53:00

What KDE needs is a framework for making hands-on tutorials.  That is, some
way of recording video of a user moving the cursor when a narrator talks.
Then we need that implemented into a multimedia framework like KPresenter
with interactive buttons for moving around in the tutorial.

Programming Work Required:
(1)  Recording of what happens in a KDE Window along with what is spoken into
the mic.

(2)  Making a tutorial wizard for KPresenter and, if not already possible,
making interactive buttons for KPresenter.  Microsoft PowerPoint allows VB
scripting just like Excel and Word.  So I wonder if KPresenter can also have
buttons and code behind them?

Unfortunately, all of this is well beyond my knowledge of KDE programming at
this point.

Matthew