List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: FlashKard v0.1
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2001-10-14 16:46:48

On Sunday 14 October 2001 4:47 pm, Ute Kuehne wrote:
> I just had a glance at your site and loaded the program down (but had still
> no time to install it).
>
> I haven't got much experience up to now with the development of open source
> (although its very fascinating), would'nt it be a good point here, when
> other people could improve the design ? Or do you prefer to let the optik
> as it is ?

the applications are in cvs for people with cvs access to improve them. If
the changes are radical, I would think that one talks with the author before.
If you don't have cvs access, then send the changes to the author. Open
source projects are for that: to let people interact with the program and
therefore to improve it.

> I could imagine for example, that a single card has got the optic of a card
> or a piece of paper (kariertes Papier or Karteikarte in german, does anyone
> know the english words ?)
yes, you propose to add a background "paper-like" if I understand correctly.
Do you have such a background?

> Or is it intended to make some day an optic together for several programs
> of kde-edu ? As you see, I've up to here no idea how this system works
> really together, but I'm very curious on it.
we maybe will have a common look but for the moment, we are still in the very
first stages so every idea is important.

BTW, other programs (like Klettres, KHangMan that are my progs) need badly an
improvment in the GUI as I am really bad for that. So if you feel you have
things to propose, I will receive them gratefully!

--
Anne-Marie
alias annma