List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [KDE-EDU]: More applications
From:       Haavard Froeiland <havard () student ! unsw ! edu ! au>
Date:       2001-09-10 0:21:05

I was looking at the kde-edu web page to find something I could quote in the
e-mail we want to send to the authors of the suggested new applications. The
second paragraph on the web pages says this:

"This site aims to help people developing KDE educational software for
children aged 3 to 18. Currently, there are few educational applications
within KDE and little other software for children."

Which I find to limiting for the kde-edu project. Almost all of the
applications suggested and currently in kde-edu are suitable for all age
groups. There is a huge number of people out there with problems reading,
writing, learning in general and other disabilities. From my own view I'm
looking for applications like dokvok and kvoctrain to help me learn English
better. And I'm 26 and a dyslectic which benefits from applications like this.

I would suggest to rephrase this to something like.

"This site aims to help people developing KDE educational software.
Currently, there are few educational applications within KDE and little other
software for children."

Suggested apps so far:
- KGeo
- kvoctrain
- KEduca
- KLettres
- dokvok

I will send a email to the authors of this apps soon, so if you have some
good apps that should get an invitation as well, pleas let me know.

Greetings Haavard