List:       kde-docbook
Subject:    Problems with some documents
From:       "P. de Vicente" <pvicentea () nexo ! es>
Date:       2001-07-31 14:39:06

Hello,

 The spanish KDE team has some problems with the translation of some
documents (3 documents in kdeadmin, the faq in kdebase and some documents in
kdemultimedia and kdeutils). When running "update_xml es" we get the
following error message:

-----------
po2xml ../kdebase/doc/khelpcenter/faq/index.docbook
es/messages/docs/kdebase/khelpcenter_faq.po
index.docbook:98: validity error: Element chapter content doesn't follow the
DtdExpecting (chapterinfo? , (title , subtitle? , titleabbrev?) , (toc | lot
| index | glossary | bibliography)* , tocchap? , (((calloutlist | glosslist |
itemizedlist | orderedlist | segmentedlist | simplelist | variablelist |
caution | important | note | tip | warning | literallayout | programlisting |
programlistingco | screen | screenco | screenshot | synopsis | cmdsynopsis |
funcsynopsis | classsynopsis | fieldsynopsis | constructorsynopsis |
destructorsynopsis | methodsynopsis | formalpara | para | simpara | address |
blockquote | graphic | graphicco | mediaobject | mediaobjectco |
informalequation | informalexample | informalfigure | informaltable |
equation | example | figure | table | msgset | procedure | sidebar | qandaset
| anchor | bridgehead | remark | highlights | abstract | authorblurb |
epigraph | indexterm | beginpage)+ , (sect1* | refentry* | simplesect* |
section*)) | sect1+ | refentry+ | simplesect+ | section+) , (toc | lot |
index | glossary | bibliography)*), got (title para itemizedlist para
othercredit othercredit CDATA )
</chapter>
         ^
index.docbook:98: validity error: Element chapter content doesn't follow the
DtdExpecting (chapterinfo? , (title , subtitle? , titleabbrev?) , (toc | lot
| index | glossary | bibliography)* , tocchap? , (((calloutlist | glosslist |
itemizedlist | orderedlist | segmentedlist | simplelist | variablelist |
caution | important | note | tip | warning | literallayout | programlisting |
programlistingco
| screen | screenco | screenshot | synopsis | cmdsynopsis | funcsynopsis |
classsynopsis | fieldsynopsis | constructorsynopsis | destructorsynopsis |
methodsynopsis | formalpara | para | simpara | address | blockquote | graphic
| graphicco
| mediaobject | mediaobjectco | informalequation | informalexample |
informalfigure | informaltable | equation | example | figure | table | msgset
| procedure | sidebar | qandaset | anchor | bridgehead | remark | highlights
| abstract | authorblurb | epigraph | indexterm | beginpage)+ , (sect1* |
refentry* | simplesect* | section*)) | sect1+ | refentry+ | simplesect+ |
section+) , (toc | lot | index | glossary | bibliography)*), got (title para
itemizedlist para othercredit othercredit CDATA )
</chapter>

I do not know if other teams have similar problems.

The previous error  prevents the generation of the corresponding docbook
documents from their respective PO files. Antonio Larrosa, probably aware of
that (althought I am not sure) changed the following file in
kdelibs/kdoctools//docbook/xsl/common/es.xml on Monday. However I have rerun
"update_xml es" later and we get the same errors. I do not know if the
previous corrected file will help in correcting these errors and if I have to
use a new version of the procedures in "kdelibs/kdcoctolols" to take into
account these changes.

 May be somebody has other ideas about what is generating this error message.
I also send this message to the docbook list just in case somebody there can
help.

Thank you,

Pablo de Vicente
KDE spanish translation team