List:       kde-docbook
Subject:    Re: poxml ready for prime time
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-05 12:19:54

Frederik Fouvry wrote:

> | I found out. I use now "dtd/kde-next.dtd" [...] and it works.
> |
> | But the %ents don't work and all the customization/stylesheets barf (of
> | course).
>
> ents works for me (it didn't for some time, but that was because it
> was looking for the wrong file ;-) - but I'll look further into it.
> The style sheets should work without any change (provided again
> they're found).
They were found. I think, I found the problem. It was just my checkXML
thing that didn't resolve the catalogue and so it warned that it didn't
find the %ents;
Using
jw -c $KDEDIR/share/apps/ksgmltools/catalog it works.

> | it says it couldn't reach www.docbook.org :)
>
> The spec says that the sysid must be used if the FPI cannot be
> resolved.  So, your FPI could not be resolved, which might mean there
Hmm, but that would mean it tries to reach docbook.org on every
document?

> is something not right with your local installation.  But I don't
> understand much of it yet ...
>
> I start getting the feeling that the setup problems we'll face are not
> going to be at least of the same scale as with SGML.  And I thought it
> was all over ...
As I said
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook V4.1-Based Variant V1.0//EN"
"dtd/kde-next.dtd"
works just fine

> | I use the path relative to ksgmltools/catalog and removed all
> | modifications
> | jade didn't like. I only learned that I have no clue on how to convert
>
> That should be fine within the DTD, but not (immediately) in documents ...
> Anyway, if it works ...
>
> | our
> | SGML to XML. I would like to extend xmlizer to do as much as possible
> | automaticly,
> | but the prologue is a tough case (and ktuberling/index.docbook a hard
> | test case
> | btw :)
>
> A few more things:
> - make sure that no entities are expanded in the conversion.
Sure.
> - what do you do with comment declarations in the markup?  They should
>   not be thrown away in any case.
I don't throw away comments. Just for comments inside to translated
paragraphs.
They are most often just reminders for the english documenter and of no
use
for the translations.

> - if it helps: most of the lines in the prologue are the same for every
>   document, so they can be inserted automatically afterwards if
>   necessary
Prologues are fine now

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.