--Boundary-00=_pbkrOyOSG8Kxlgn Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Am Montag, 31. Oktober 2011, 05:11:51 schrieb Robby Stephenson: > On Sunday 30 October 2011, Burkhard L=FCck wrote: > > Am Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2011, 06:19:10 schrieb Robby Stephenson: > > > I would consider that a bug, but is there a workaround? Or does anyone > > > know why that decision was made? Is there an alternate element for > > > non-FDL licensing info in KDE documentation? Should I try to figure o= ut > > > a patch to change the behavior? > >=20 > > apparently none of the guys inventing this docbook system is around sin= ce > > several years. > >=20 > > My guess is, that at the time the tempalte was written no license except > > GFDL was allowed. > >=20 > > But because your use case is fully covered by the kde license policy, > > please provide a patch to fix your issue. >=20 > The current behavior is to replace the complete contents of the legalnoti= ce > element with "Legal Notice" and link to the FDL. Attached is a patch which > I believe maintains the current behavior in the case where the fdl link is > in the legalnotice text, but shows the legalnotice contents if the fdl > link is not there. Since just about every KDE doc uses the &FDLNotice; > entity, I think this should do the trick. >=20 > For this specific example for Tellico, I tested this patch and it works. > Would it be easier to create a ReviewBoard request? >=20 No. I tested your patch, it works as expected. But I had to make some modificat= ions=20 to your documentation, see attachment. I'd say, please commit you patch to 4.7/frameworks. KDE has no freebsd-doc-license.html file in the archiv, so I used an extern= al=20 link. > One other thing, the KDE4_CREATE_HANDBOOK macro creates a symlink to the > common directory in the documentation, but that link only works if the > documentation gets installed in the same location as the KDE documentatio= n. > In other words, if I have KDE installed in /usr and I install Tellico's > documentation in /usr/local, the symlink is broken. I think that's outside > my knowledge of the cmake magic. Should I just file that as a bug, or is = it > known already? >=20 I guess nobody thought about your use case, therefore it is an unknown issu= e. Please file a bugreport. Thanks. =2D-=20 Burkhard L=FCck --Boundary-00=_pbkrOyOSG8Kxlgn Content-Type: text/x-patch; charset="utf-8"; name="index.docbook.diff" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="index.docbook.diff" diff --git a/doc/index.docbook b/doc/index.docbook index d69db31..c03b2d7 100644 --- a/doc/index.docbook +++ b/doc/index.docbook @@ -77,14 +77,14 @@ Do NOT change these in the translation. --> and in the FDL itself on how to use it. --> &FDLNotice; + + The author of this documentation has also granted you permission to use the content under the terms of the FreeBSD Documentation License, if you so choose. +url="http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-doc-license.html">FreeBSD Documentation License, if you so choose. See the notice in the licensing section. - - This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the &GNU; General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of @@ -292,7 +292,7 @@ Documentation copyright 2001-2009 &robby; &email; &underGPL; The author of this documentation has also granted you permission to use the content under the terms of the FreeBSD Documentation License, if you so choose. If you wish to allow use of your version of this content only under the terms of the FreeBSD Documentation License, and not to allow others to use your version of this file under the terms of the GFDL, indicate your decision by deleting the GFDL notice and replacing it with the notice and other provisions required by the FreeBSD Documentation License. If you do not delete the GFDL notice above, a recipient may use your version of this file under the terms of either the GFDL or the FreeBSD Documentation License. +url="http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-doc-license.html">FreeBSD Documentation License, if you so choose. If you wish to allow use of your version of this content only under the terms of the FreeBSD Documentation License, and not to allow others to use your version of this file under the terms of the GFDL, indicate your decision by deleting the GFDL notice and replacing it with the notice and other provisions required by the FreeBSD Documentation License. If you do not delete the GFDL notice above, a recipient may use your version of this file under the terms of either the GFDL or the FreeBSD Documentation License. --Boundary-00=_pbkrOyOSG8Kxlgn Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ kde-docbook mailing list kde-docbook@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-docbook --Boundary-00=_pbkrOyOSG8Kxlgn--