List:       kde-docbook
Subject:    A docbook splitting problem/Kate XML ckeck
From:       Bernd Pol <bernd.pol () online ! de>
Date:       2004-09-12 20:26:11

Hi all,

I had to set up my system totally new to 3_3_BRANCH recently.
Now the Kate XML check does not accept the split-up definitions of the
KDevelop User Manual docbook any more.

I have the following definitions in index.docbook:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2-Based Variant
V1.1//EN" "dtd/kdex.dtd" [
  <!-- chapters in separate docbook files -->
  <!ENTITY unixdev SYSTEM "unixdev.docbook">
]>

which I use to include this separate part at the appropriate location:

&unixdev;     <!-- "Development on &UNIX;" -->

This worked flawlesslessly in the past, but now Kate XML check does
report the following errors:

Failure to process entity unixdev
Entity 'unixdev' not defined

for this line. Parsing seems to stop here because subsequent similar
include commands will not be reported (only if I comment out the
&unixdev;, then the next entity of this kind will be reported).
This behaviour shows up on 4.2 type docboocs and on HEAD as well.

- Is this behaviour known?
- Did the docbook XML definitions change in the meantime?
- Or is it a Kate plugin bug?

And, more important:
Can I savely ignore those error messages and (finally) proceed with the
documentation writing work? Or is there another way now to accomplish
docbook splitting?

Bernd

P.S.
Is it save to use a more recent DTD (the changes will happen on CVS
after all) for subsequent work on the KDevelop user manual? And how
must the <!DOCTYPE line correctly look then?