List:       kde-docbook
Subject:    Re: xml2pot
From:       Frederik Fouvry <fouvry () CoLi ! Uni-SB ! DE>
Date:       2001-11-29 10:47:43

,-- One day, you wrote:

[...]

| Maybe we should just change the entity from:
| <!ENTITY kde-http "http://www.kde.org/">
| to:
| <!ENTITY kde-http "<ulink
| url="http://www.kde.org/">http://www.kde.org/</ulink>">
| (unwrapped, of course)
|
| I can't think of many places where we *don't* want the KDE website linked to
| in the documentation, and it would remove the problem above too.

The point was precisely to make possible among others their use
in attributes (tags are certainly not welcome there ;-).  Another
point was that the value in the above case is used twice, and so
the entity should be used on both cases.  I entirely agree with
Lauri's comment as far as only running text is concerned (I
thought about it when adding the fully marked up entity, but
decided against it for lack of generality).

Now, if the problem is one caused by the parser (and possibly XML
parser specifications), then I'm happy to go along with the
proposed change.

Normally a new entity should be created, and the old one - given
that it cannot be used in attributes - be moved to the list of
obsolete ones.  Since the contexts of PCDATA and ulink are pretty
much the same, the change should not pose too many problems, and
the entity may (exceptionally) be redefined.  (Additionally, I
cannot come up with a good name ;-).

The change has been made.  Should there be too many unexpected
problems, let me know, and I'll do the redefinition the proper
way.

Best,

Frederik