List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    Re: Regarding using KDiff3 merging tool
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2016-08-12 7:30:45

Hi,

Please find some answers below.

=D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B5 Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:39:=
32 +0300, Prashant Pahurkar  =

<prashant.pahurkar@gmail.com>:

> Gentle reminder.
> Please reply if it is possible to have the required functionality.
>
> Regards,
> Prashant
> On 11 Aug 2016 18:53, "Prashant Pahurkar" <prashant.pahurkar@gmail.com=
>
> wrote:
>
>> Gentle reminder. ..
>> Awaiting your reply.
>>
>> On 10 Aug 2016 16:46, "Prashant Pahurkar" <prashant.pahurkar@gmail.co=
m>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Burkhard,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the reply.
>> > I have gone through the link you have shared but what I am looking =
out
>> is somewhat different and is as follows:
>> > 1. I want to merge 2 files and auto resolve the conflict without an=
>> manunal intervention.
>> > Lets say I will provide the input as:- In Conflict situation it sho=
uld
>> always pick it up from File A and override.
>> > Is it possible without manual intervention.
>> > I guess this is possible by Manual intervention i.e. by choosing th=
>> option of selecting "Choose A from everywhere" - but how to achieve t=
his
>> without manual intervention.
>> > It means how do I default or set the "Choose A from everywhere" opt=
ion
>> before hand.

Hmm... If you need non-interactive tool then why did you choose Kdiff3? =
 =

Why not use its backend (diff3 from diffutils), fc from Windows or  =

WinMerge command line part?

Anyway, KDiff3 (as any other KDE application) can be controlled with  =

D-Bus. See the instructive article here:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10455

You can easily found merge_choose_a_everywhere in the KDiff3 D-Bus tree =
 =

under kdiff3/MainWindow_1/actions and set it.

Options can be passed through additional arguments to the Windows CALL.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri