List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english] Wishing to contribute to documentation
From:       Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2016-06-12 18:42:28

12 червня 2016, 21:29:49, від "reena" <paranjape_reena@hotmail.com>:

> Hello,
>

> I have been wanting to help with the documentation at KDE. However, I am a little \
> baffled as to how to begin as this will be my first open source contribution ever.
>

> The website states that I need to run a development version of KDE. Will I have to \
> follow all the steps mentioned on \
> "https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source" for that?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Reena

Hi,

First of all, many thanks for joining the efforts to improve KDE documentation.

Using the development version of application is not necessary condition to improve \
its docs. To be honest, there are not that much cases when KDE applications \
drastically change between releases.

IMHO, it is vital to determine what _you_ want to improve first.

Please take a look on our table of docs:

https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE_(health_table)

You can choose something that is interesting for you then send a message to \
kde-doc-english@kde.org on what you want to do.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri