List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english] Please stop updating projects.kde.org->quickgit.kde.org
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2016-04-05 7:01:05

написане Tue, 05 Apr 2016 09:45:53 +0300, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley@kde.org>:

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano@tiscali.it>
> wrote:
> > Il 04 aprile 2016 10:11:39 CEST, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley@kde.org> ha
> > scritto:

> > > the old URL

> > > are broken.

> > > https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdesdk/okteta/repository/revisions/master/show/kasten/controllers/view/structures/examples/okteta/structures

> > > links
> > > problems

> > > that the
> > > could be
> > > requirements (like
> > > redirect to

> > > I'll wait for the list of requirements to be gathered...
> > > In any event, commits.kde.org/<repository name> is a valid redirect
> > > url for the repository browser for a given repository.
> > >
> > > No idea what we would do for file/directory browsing URLs, as commits
> > > was intended for commits.kde.org/repo/commitHash...
> >
> > I was using commits.kde.org as an example of immutable address survived
> > and will survive various transitions of the underlying webapp.
> > So the question is: would you (sysadmin) provide an reliable URL (which
> > could be still the old projects.kde.org) to access a repository and a
> > path insidie a repository, useful now for quickgit and later for
> > Diffusion?
>
> For repository, and branch I see no issue.
> I'd like to see the use case of file paths though as i'm not sure how
> much they're needed.

Hi,

Developers may refer to files or directories in the source tree for the
materials that are not parts of distribution packages.

Examples:

1. KGeography has scripts to create maps in the source tree:

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kdeedu/kgeography/how-to-maps.html

2. Krusader has instructions on how to compile it (INSTALL file):

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-utils/krusader/compilation.html

3. Okteta has examples of structures in the source tree (see "Further
information" section at the bottom):

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kdesdk/okteta/tools-structures.html#idp60879664

I'm not saying that storing such information directly in the sources is an
ideal solution, but it worked by now.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri