Just what is on docs.kubuntu.org Albert Astals Cid wrote: El Diumenge, 8 de desembre de 2013, a les 16:31:20, Valorie Zimmerman va escriure: > Hi folks, I know this is a bit unusual, but I'm writing to both the > Doc team and web team simultaneously because the Kubuntu Doc team has > a problem, and it is possible y'all can help us, if you are willing. > > Right now, we develop our documentation on the ubuntu wiki system, > which is MoinMoin. This works well in that there is a low bar to entry > for new folks, and errors can be fixed on the fly. Of course much of > the documentation our users need is either on the Ubuntu system or the > excellent KDE system, and much of our docs merely points or includes > that material. > > There are problems as well. Moinmoin has no good system for exporting > docs to Docbook so they can be included in the ISO, and there is no > easy way to let translators help us internationalize once the > documentation is complete and up-to-date. > > We wonder if it would be possible to move our wiki over to the KDE > mediawiki system, with its wonderful translator helps. We could do > this either as a standalone part of the system, sort of off to the > side, or what we would prefer: be an actual part of Userbase, as part > of /Distributions or similar. > > After translations are done, then perhaps we can get the help of the > Doc team to get the Docbook magic done, so that we have the necessary > packages to distribute to our users. > > A few of us have brought some of these ideas to the teams in IRC, but > we're getting to the time in the release cycle where we have to make > some decisions. > > What do you think? Just to make sure I understand, Kubuntu wants to move all it's documentation away from its existing *ubuntu* domain to *kde* domain? Cheers, Albert > > Valorie _______________________________________________ kde-doc-english mailing list kde-doc-english@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-doc-english