List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    [kde-doc-english] Okular Handbook
From:       Philip Jones <pjduns () netscape ! net>
Date:       2013-09-01 13:59:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

 Hi,
I've just been using 'Annotations' in Okular for the first time and had a b=
it of trouble getting the instructions in the Handbook to work.
"Adding annotations
=C2=A0To add some annotations to the document, you have to activate the ann=
otating toolbar. This is done by either selecting Tools =E2=86=92 Review or=
 pressing F6. Once the annotating toolbar is shown, just press one of its b=
uttons to start constructing that annotation."
This isn't quite enough on my system. After I'd selected the type of note t=
o add I then had to click within the pdf to locate the note.=C2=A0 I used t=
he Post-it style of note and of course having seen it work I realise it wor=
ks in a similar way to inserting a note into a word-processed document, but=
 that didn't occur to me beforehand.
I thought it might save a bit of frustration for people slow on the uptake =
like me if you could perhaps add something like "and click in the document =
where you want to display the note" after "buttons" in the last sentence of=
 the paragraph quoted above.
I'd have found this helpful in getting to note creation quicker and I hope =
it would make it clearer for others too.
My system is a Linux Mint 14 KDE edition and I am very impressed overall wi=
th the way Okular works.
Kind regards

Philip Jones