List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english] Question on producing html and pdf versions
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2011-08-02 15:55:11

написане Tue, 02 Aug 2011 18:06:10 +0300, Jack <ostroffjh@sbcglobal.net>:

> I have also tweaked enumerate list to make the PDF compilable by TeXLive
> 2010 (maybe just my installation problem).
> This is not a high priority, but I would like to know what you have done
> for this.

1. Download buildpdf.sh:

wget http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/www/areas/docs/buildpdf.sh

2. Tweak it like this (path from Mageia 1.0 installation):

#!/bin/bash

# for debug uncomment, go to the folder and run this script with parameter
index.docbook
export
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/sqml-dtd-4.2/catalog:/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/catalog.xml:/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.2/docbook

# add -d to command below to keep the /tmp folder, so you can examine the
generated tex.
./dblatex-cvs-install/bin/dblatex -d -b pdftex --style \
	kdestyle\
	-o $(pwd | awk -F/ '{ print $NF }').pdf \
	-P latex.output.revhistory=0  -P newtbl.use=1 \
	-P imagedata.default.scale=pagebound \
	-P literal.width.ignore=1 \
	-I $KDEDIR/share/doc/HTML/en/ \
	-X \
         $1

3. Download KDE styles:

svn co
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/www/areas/docs/dblatex-cvs-install/

4. Tweak /bin/dblatex like this

#!/bin/sh

TEXINPUTS=:/path/to/your/dblatex-cvs-install/share/dblatex/latex//:$TEXINPUTS
export TEXINPUTS

/path/to/your/dblatex-cvs-install/share/dblatex/scripts/dblatex  $*

(Change /path/to/your/ as appropriate)

5. Copy KDE styles (/dblatex-cvs-install/share/dblatex/latex/contrib/) to
some TeX dir where it can be found by LaTeX installation (I have copied
them to /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/kde (yes, mama told me always use
my /home folder for this, but I cannot help myself ;) ).

6. Update paths with mktexlsr from root.

7. Run ./buildpdf.sh index.docbook (epic fail ;) )

8. Copy all files from /tmp/tpb-your_user-digits to the work directory.

9. Open index.docbook_tmp.tex with Kile and iron out the glitches (broken
with "accwiz8.x.png" bounding box system, broken enumerate list (remove
[A.] qualifier), overfull hboxes, separate author line from the first
paragraph for chapters, something that I have not found ;) ).

10. Compile the result to PDF. Enjoy professional looking docs. ;)

That's all. ;)

I am sure that all this can be done with one dblatex command, but because
some xslt bugs (see above) it does not compile PDF in one turn.