List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    [kde-doc-english] Help page for desktop effects
From:       Susan <susan () kerridis ! de>
Date:       2009-07-31 17:46:02

Hi :)

I just looked at the khelpcenter page for the desktop effects and realized
there is not much help for the question I was looking for:

It really would be helpful if you could describe which settings lead to a
better and which to a faster desktop. At the moment (KDE 4.3 RC3) this is only
available for  the texture filter setting - but how about Composit-Type,
OpenGL-Mode, direct rendering and VSync?

And what's this about better window management? What does it do? And does it
make the computer slower?

Keep up the good work.

Best
Susan