List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english] Removable Devices
From:       Éric_Bischoff <ebischoff () nerim ! net>
Date:       2006-02-11 10:40:00

Le Vendredi 10 Février 2006 22:57, Edward Haven a écrit  :> This is the first part \
of the removable devices section, which i plan to> divide in to a number of \
subsection, how exactly i do know. Cool text, indeed!
I have "end user" requests in this area. Could you explain :
- why I always get a	"/media/SomeThing is not declared in fstab, or you are not \
root"when I attempt to use the "Safely remove device" context menu item on a USB key \
in the "media:" window (on a SUSE 10). Declaring it in /etc/fstab does not help; \
manually umounting as root helps. I am not sure it is a documentation issue though, \
                it might be a bug.
- the real interaction between manual mounts / umounts and KDE automatic mounts / \
umounts. I always get puzzled by what I am allowed to do / not allowed to do.(this \
one is a real documentation issue) Just 2 cents...

-- Si la foi soulève des montagnes, ce sont des montagnes de cadavres. Combien de \
livres et de journaux devrons-nous brûler pour que la soif des fanatiques religieux \
soit enfin étanchée ? - Gérard \