List:       kde-doc-english
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english]Attn all: Markup Changes
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-28 10:12:40

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:57:39 +0100, Eric Bischoff wrote:

>> I think that translation teams that are making *major* changes to
>> content need to contact the documentation author(s) and let them know
>> the scope of changes that are being made.
>
>We translators never touched so far any original (English) doc, these were
>only proposals. The German team and a few other ones tend to "translate and
>embetter the translation", but I've always been against this practice, we
>already had many discussions with Thomas about this, without ever reaching an
>agreement. That's life.

We still don't translate sections that are clearly wrong. But,
recently, the German team policy is more to insert something like "no
up-to-date documentation on this subject available yet" and to contact
the author about the problem. In at least one case the German
translator even offered to re-write the original documentation.

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/