List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror and SVG support?
From:       "rwlbuis () wanadoo ! nl" <rwlbuis () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2001-09-07 10:34:50

Hi,

>> There's already support for SVG in Qt 3, how does Wildfox's
>> implementation
>> differ?

>Does Wildfox's implementation allow modifying the SVG via the DOM
>(http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/svgdom.html)? Does Qt's one allow it, or is
>it simply a static renderer?

AFAIK Qt's is only a static renderer yes.
We want to get as close to a conformant implementation as we can. That also
implies the DOM access using ecma bindings.
We have done a lot of work but its not yet ready for kdelibs IMHO.
We have to get css working, better rendering, text support, and test
the DOM tree. So there is still a lot of work to be done, but we'll get
there.

Greetings,

Rob.