List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Upgrade: KAction can not use Key_plus as shortcut since KDE 2.2
From:       marc gueury <mgueury () skynet ! be>
Date:       2001-09-02 8:18:28

I am upgrading my application to KDE 2.2 and everything is fine
except a key problem with one of my KAction.

It looks like this.

MyWindow::MyWindow( const char * name ): KMainWindow( 0, name )
{
  [...]

  KAction * zoomIn = new KAction("Zoom &In", QIconSet( BarIcon("viewmag+")),
                         Key_Plus, this, SLOT( slotZoomIn() ), this );
  KAction * zoomOut = new KAction("Zoom &Out", QIconSet( BarIcon("viewmag-")),
                         Key_Minus, this, SLOT( slotZoomOut() ), this );
  [...]

  QPopupMenu * menuView = new QPopupMenu;
  zoomIn->plug(menuView);
  zoomOut->plug(menuView);
  menuBar()->insertItem("&View", menuView );
  [...]
}

The zoom out command is well mapped to the '-' key.
But the zoom in command is mapped to the SHIFT+'+'  in place of '+',
it appears also a SHIFT+'+' in the menu.

To have a shift, I had to write << SHIFT+Key_Plus >>. But I do not
want this shift.

My program does not mention a SHIFT and it was working in KDE 2.0 and 2.1

Any idea, a bug in KDE 2.2 ??? Intended behavior ??

Marc

Ps: Please answer me directmy I am not on this mailing list.