List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Automatic Mimetype Association
From:       "Troy Corbin Jr." <corbin () hiwaay ! net>
Date:       2001-09-01 22:54:00

Hello all,

I'd like to create a link in Konqueror between .pgn files and my program
automatically when it's installed.

I've already created a mimelnk .desktop file ( which gets installed in the
correct location ), and I've given my application's .desktop file the same
MimeType entry ( This is also installed in the correct location ). Konqueror
recognizes the mimetype and displays the correct icon for the .pgn files, but
it doesn't catch the association between it and the application unless I drop
a copy of the application's .desktop file in the user's local
.kde/share/applnk directory.

I couldn't find anything on developer.kde that covered this, but I could have
missed something. Can someone point me in the right direction on this? I'd
appreciate any advise.
--
Troy Corbin Jr.
tcorbin@users.sourceforge.net