List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: configure error....
From:       Michael Matz <matz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-30 12:36:04

Hi,

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Leon Scheepers wrote:

> checking for KDE... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include/kde
> checking for extra includes... no
> checking for extra libs... no
> checking for kde headers installed... configure: error: your system is not
> able to compile a small KDE application!
> Check, if you installed the KDE header files correctly.
>
> Can anyone please show me how to fix this !

Look into the file config.log in the last some lines.  It lists all
commands configure is running internally, plus their output.  That should
give you the information, which error the compiler produced, and might
give hints, which KDE includes/libraries he really took, which could lead
to conclusions why the command failed.  It could be, that you mix
different KDE versions, and he found the wrong one for that program, or
any other strange thing.

Ciao,
Michael.