List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KRun: Run URL with parameters
From:       Ilya Konstantinov <kde-devel () future ! galanet ! net>
Date:       2001-08-30 10:11:50

Hi,

I thinking how to implement Konqueror's View Source
functionality while maintaining the page's Encoding (as Konqueror sees
it). This brought me to think we need an extension for KRun to support
various standardized command-line parameters to the programs. e.g. the
Command part of the program's shortcut will look like:
  kedit %[encoding:-e %s] %1
and KRun could also be initialized as:
  KRun( const KURL& url, mode_t mode = 0, bool isLocalFile = false,
  bool showProgressInfo = true, const QMap<QString,QString> &parameters);
KRun would scan the command-line, and if an 'encoding' parameter was
supplied in 'parameters', it will add '-e %s' to the command-line,
replacing %s with the appropriate value from the QMap.

(Kedit supports a hack for supporting encodings by looking for the query
part in the URL it receives on the command-line for a 'charset=...'
parameter, but it's obviously not a correct solution.)