List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Anti-Aliasing and Konqueror = Crash
From:       Roy Katz <katz () Glue ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2001-08-26 4:47:27

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 helio@conectiva.com.br wrote:

> Hi again..
>
> I posted before some message about having same effect ( krash with AA ), but
> reading this mail i believe can add something. My machine is equipped with a
> GForce 2 card and ( sure ) i'm using NVIDIA drivers.
> I'll start some tests with fb driver and common vga drivers..
>
> Regards..
> Helio

YES!  I am also using an NVidia card (geforce256).  Drivers 1.0-1251.
I asked around a month ago in #nvidia (irc.kde.org) about this, but no
one knew anything then...

With AA on, Konqueror would randomly cause X's cpu usage to skyrocket and
hold at 99%, rendering the system *completely* unresponsive to keyboard
and mouse events.

Roey