List:       kde-devel
Subject:    New List! kde3alpha
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnar () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-23 17:12:32

Hello,

I am sorry about the interuption.

Well, it's been a little over a year since the removal of the kde2-alpha list
that allowed users of what has since become kde 2, then 2.1, now 2.2 to
communicate, report bugs, and help each other work through problems. It was a
hell of a development cycle and that list helped a lot of additional people
test and provide input into the final product.

Now along comes the planning stages of KDE3. Already we are seeing some major
enhancements to the HEAD branch of CVS. So, here we go again, it is time to
create a new list!

I would like to announce the creation of the KDE3ALPHA mailing list and
explain it's purpose:

email at:  kde3alpha-request@mail.kde.org

The kde3alpha list is created for the purpose of users (non-developer types)
to communicate problems, sollutions, and bugs to each other and then in turn
to developers who may be monitoring the list. The list is also being created
with the hopes that a lot of the install/compile problems that end up in the
bug database can be resolved on the list rather quickly between users.

I would like to request that those people who build nightly or weekly builds
of CVS HEAD branch and make them public consider joining this list so that
you may answer questions regarding your builds. (You may also want to
consider sending a note to the list telling where people can find your
builds).

-Chris